The Dental Hygienist plays a vital part in the dental clinic.
This service is very important for maintaining, and oral health education.
Important also in prevention and early detection of oral lesions and other oral diseases.
Some of the Dental Hygienist procedure are:
– Examination of the teeth and gums
– Prophylaxis – polishing & removing extrinsic stains
– Treatment and prevention of periodontal disease
– Polishing of restorations fillings
– Removing sutures and dressings after periodontal surgery
– Dental education
– Nutrition counseling
It is very important to visit the Dental Hygienist on a regular basic.